Archer is a values based Charitable Trust providing support and care to our seniors in Christchurch.
Our motto, ‘living life, loving life’ reflects our desire to make Archer a great place for our residents. We enrich our residents’ lives through engaging them in their passions and interests, and incorporating the Care Partnership model as a framework to achieve this. We encourage adventures, helping residents to relive past adventures again and experience new adventures today!
We are an inclusive organisation who respect individual differences and embrace diversity. We are looking for people with passion, energy and wanting to make a genuine difference to our residents’ lives.
Property and Maintenance Manager
The Archer Group is seeking a Property and Maintenance Manager to join our team to head up our Property and Maintenance Department covering our four sites across Christchurch. This role will suit an energetic, people centered candidate who wants to add value to the lives of older people.
Duties and Tasks
As the leader of Archer’s Maintenance Department, the successful candidate will supervise the company’s maintenance operations and processes. He/she will have a broad range of responsibilities including maintenance of equipment, providing scope of works with repair strategies, coordinating and scheduling the refurbishments of our villas, overseeing and coordinating one-off capital and any insurance projects, budget creation, management of the Maintenance team and fleet, responsibility for on-site contractors and resolving after-hours emergencies from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a supervisory role within the building trade and / or retirement village industry
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Effective communication and people management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Competent with administrative duties
Perks and Benefits
- We are a team of committed and passionate people wanting to make a genuine difference to residents’ lives.
- We work as a team, support and challenge each other to be the ‘best of the best’.
- You will have an opportunity to use your talents to impart excellence in all that you do to enhance our property, facilities and equipment.
- We offer the use of our own gym and indoor heated pool/spa for fitness.
Archer is a values based Charitable Trust providing support and care to our seniors in Christchurch, comprising four Retirement Villages some with Care Facilities located at:
Archer Village: 166 Colombo St
Thorrington Village: 51 Birdwood Ave
Linrose Village: 472 Linwood Ave
Maryville Courts : 155 Salisbury St
We are an inclusive organisation who respect individual differences and embrace diversity.
We have completed a market review for this position and will offer a competitive package to the successful applicant.
Negotiable. An early start would be valued.
For any inquiries about this position and a copy of the job description please contact Anne Brand (Archer Group Manager’s Assistant) at: Phone (03) 943 6006 (business hours) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward all completed Applications in the strictest confidence to Anne. Email: email@example.com or register your interest below.
Register your interest
Do you need help for yourself or a loved one?
Get help from a caring and knowledgeable professional.