Thorrington Home provides rest home and dementia care
Our Thorrington Home offers
- Short term (respite) support care, Rest home and Dementia care.
- The majority of our Rest Home and Dementia Care rooms have no additional daily fees charged.
- Thorrington has only a small number of Premium Care Suites that attract a premium daily surcharge.
- Some limited day care programmes -at rest home and memory-support level are also available.
- Standard Care rooms and Care Suites are available for rest home level care, depending on vacancy.
- Standard Care rooms and Premium rooms are available for Dementia care, depending on vacancy.
We offer a homely-setting for all residents, giving as much choice about daily living as possible.
A number of our staff have served our residents in our homes for many years, providing professional support and care as sought by residents.
Our ‘resident-centred’ model of care aims to personalise this care as much as possible so that you can ‘love life’ at Archer.
One of Archer’s Special Character values are our Chaplains. They are available to talk about any issues or questions you have. They offer the hand of pastoral friendship and encouragement.
This is your home and we love supporting you, our residents, to contribute to the daily living within our Homes and Villages. An increasing number of activities are resident-run, resident and staff forums ensure we all work together to make our homes homelier. Families and friends are welcome to join our residents for meals and events as well.
There are a number of special events during the year, like Easter-ANZAC-Christmas services, and a popular Mid-Winter’s Banquet.
Where is Thorrington Village?
Thorrington Village is located at 51 Birdwood Ave, Beckenham, Christchurch.